Hit-and-run victim thrown 20 feet ‘grateful’ to be alivePosted: Updated:
Jordan Foley, of Fairfield, told News 12 that she is “grateful” to be in one piece after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in Bridgeport early Saturday morning.
The 23-year-old was struck in the Black Rock neighborhood on Canfield Avenue around 2 a.m.
Foley says a man in a white work van struck her as she was standing by her boyfriend's car saying goodbye to him.
Police say Foley was thrown 20 feet from the point of impact.
"I don't know if he was drunk, I don't know if he just felt like hitting somebody, or if he was on his phone of what,” she told News 12. “This wasn't fair, and I didn't do anything to deserve that."
The incident left her in a leg brace. For a professional dog walker, she says a busted knee could keep her out of work. In the end, she’s says she is grateful it wasn’t worse.
Police say they have surveillance video and hope to use it track down the driver.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A Bridgeport woman is about to get a wheelchair accessible van for her disabled daughter thanks to some help from News 12 Connecticut and a local nonprofit.
- A wintry mix is expected to impact Monday evening's commute.A wintry mix is expected to impact Monday evening's commute.
- A vigil was held Sunday for a missing Stamford woman.A vigil was held Sunday for a missing Stamford woman.
- Bridgeport firefighters responded to a house fire Sunday afternoon.Bridgeport firefighters responded to a house fire Sunday afternoon.
- Heavy rain Saturday caused flooding to the north end of Bridgeport.Heavy rain Saturday caused flooding to the north end of Bridgeport.
- Red carpet arrivals at The Concert for The Rainforest Fund at the Beacon TheatreThe Rainforest Fund 30th anniversary benefit concert was held Monday at the Beacon Theatre in New York City.
- From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!
- December has already brought some snow to the tri-state area. Here's how the snow looked through your lens.
- The 87th annual Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree lighting ceremony was held Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019 in New York.
- The Mohegan Sun Arena performer lineup includes live music, entertainment, top headlining concerts and premier sporting events in Connecticut.