‘Sopranos’ prequel films more scenes New JerseyPosted: Updated:
Film crews were back at it filming scenes for “The Many Saints of Newark” – the feature film that will serve as a prequel to HBO’s hit series “The Sopranos”
Crews were out in Bloomfield Monday, filming at Holsten’s Ice Cream shop on Broad Street. That shop was turned into a bakery for the film. Holsten’s is known for being the location of the final scene for the HBO series.
“The Many Saints of Newark” is set during the Newark Riots in the late 1960s. The film stars Michael Gandolfini – son of “Sopranos” star James Gandolfini.
Editor's Note: A previous version of this story incorrectly stated crews were out filming in Paterson on Monday.
- Police say one person is dead and another was seriously injured when a car went off-road before re-entering the New Jersey Turnpike and crashing into another car Saturday afternoon.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- An 11-month-old baby is in critical condition after being shot multiple times in Philadelphia.An 11-month-old baby is in critical condition after being shot multiple times in Philadelphia.
- Organizers say around 1,000 people attended the Walk and Roll for Wishes event in Monroe Township Sunday.
- A ride was closed after a child was injured on it in Egg Harbor Township, amusement park officials say.A ride was closed after a child was injured on it in Egg Harbor Township, amusement park officials say.
New Jersey SlideshowsGalleriesMore>>
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit. Check out our list for breweries in your area.
News 12 New Jersey wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedNJ.
Craving something savory or sweet? It doesn't really matter when it comes to food trucks, where you can have it all -- you just have to know where to find them! Here is a list of food trucks and where you could find them in New Jersey.