‘Homes for the Brave’ salutes veterans at Memorial Day celebration in BridgeportPosted: Updated:
A local organization in Bridgeport that helps homeless veterans celebrated the Memorial Day weekend Saturday.
Homes for the Brave, a nonprofit organization, held a Memorial Day celebration to salute the service and sacrifice of all those who have died while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
The celebration included all the veterans who live at the home, along with state and local leaders who came to show their support.
Organizers say the spirit of service to one's country is a guiding principle for so many of the veterans who have found refuge at Homes for the Brave. They say they appreciate the opportunity to remember those who gave their lives so that others could be free.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- The Darien man charged with manslaughter in the death of an Anguilla hotel worker did not attend his final hearing Monday.
- A 59-year-old woman who was thrown from her car in a crash on the Merritt Parkway Sunday night has died, police say.
- Veterans Day will see the warmest temps of the week, with highs climbing to 56 degrees. Clouds will increase through the day.
- The state's gymnastics community is mourning the loss of a young woman from Milford who died after a training accident.
- With record-breaking cold expected next week, Geoff Bansen explains where this unseasonable chill is coming from.
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for the College Street Music Hall in New Haven.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for the College Street Music Hall in New Haven.