Is Fotis Dulos' girlfriend cooperating with authorities in disappearance case?Posted: Updated:
There are signs Michelle Troconis may be cooperating with investigators in the disappearance case of New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos.
Dulos was last seen May 24. Police found evidence of a crime scene in her New Canaan home and items with her blood on them in trash cans in Hartford.
Dulos’ estranged husband Fotis Dulos and Troconis, his girlfriend, have been charged with evidence tampering and hindering prosecution in connection to the case. Police found evidence of a crime scene in Jennifer Dulos’ New Canaan home and items with her blood on them in trash cans in Hartford. Security cameras captured Troconis and Fotis Dulos throwing out what appeared to be that evidence.
Fotis Dulos remains in jail on $500,000 bond. Troconis bonded out.
Cellphone video shows investigators leaving attorney Andrew Bowman's office yesterday after sitting down with Troconis. What she told them and how it might help the investigation is unknown.
And today a silver car carrying a woman who appeared to be Troconis left Fotis Dulos' home in Farmington, trailed by investigators.
High-profile criminal attorney Phil Russell, who is not affiliated with the case but has been following it, shared his thoughts on the investigation.
“It's pretty clear there's an agreement to cooperate with the prosecution, and I believe in a case that is as pressurized and as time-sensitive as this, the goal is to get the cooperation done and take it on faith and work on the details later,” says Russell.
Jennifer and Fotis Dulos were going through a contentious divorce case for the past two years. His divorce attorney filed yesterday to withdraw from the case.
Police continued Friday to search a trash facility in Hartford and properties owned by Fotis Dulos in Farmington.
Fotis Dulos will appear in court Thursday for the first time since posting a $6 million bond on a murder charge stemming from the disappearance of his estranged wife, Jennifer Dulos.
- Police have released surveillance images of a man they say made threatening messages against police and referenced ISIS.
- Stamford state's attorney Richard Colangelo has filed to modify the conditions of Fotis Dulos' bond.Stamford state's attorney Richard Colangelo has filed to modify the conditions of Fotis Dulos' bond.
- A judge tossed a plea deal Wednesday for a Milford man accused of a brutal attack on his neighbor who lives with multiple sclerosis.A judge tossed a plea deal Wednesday for a Milford man accused of a brutal attack on his neighbor who lives with multiple sclerosis.
- Police have arrested a Connecticut woman they say walked into an assisted living facility where she entered several apartments and stole cash and jewelry.Police have arrested a Connecticut woman they say walked into an assisted living facility where she entered several apartments and stole cash and jewelry.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Staff from Planet Pizza, show News 12's Tina Redwine how to make Superbowl-themed dishes.Staff from Planet Pizza, show News 12's Tina Redwine how to make Superbowl-themed dishes.
- A video that went viral across Westchester County and the country caught the attention of a famous rapper.
- Jim Lehrer, co-host and later host of the nightly PBS “NewsHour” that for decades offered a thoughtful take on current events, has died, PBS said Thursday.