Fire destroys Woodbury condo, causes ammo to explodePosted: Updated:
A fire displaced several people, destroyed a condo, and caused live ammunition inside the home to explode, officials say.
The fire happened Thursday on Summit Court around 8 p.m.
Officials say the fire started in the chimney area inside one of the units before spreading to the top floor.
The fire chief says the chimney was on fire when officials arrived at the scene, and ammunition inside the condo was going off as crews worked to extinguish the fire.
No one was home at the time of the fire. Residents living in neighboring condos left their homes and were not injured.
Neighboring units also suffered smoke and water damage.
Officials say they are working to determine a cause of the fire.