Police: Motorcyclist crashes into telephone pole and diesPosted: Updated:
A motorcyclist crashed in Winchester Friday night and died, according to police.
It happened just after 9:30 p.m. on East Wakefield Boulevard.
Investigators say 29-year-old Charles Godshall, of Winsted, lost control and crashed into a telephone police. He was found next to the pole with his motorcycle 15 feet away.
Godshall was wearing a helmet and first responders performed CPR for 20 minutes before he was pronounced dead.
Authorities are investigating the crash.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- The Connecticut Department of Public Health has received federal approval to run diagnostic testing for the coronavirus.
- As Christians mark the first Friday in the season of Lent, many will skip meat at their meals as a sign of sacrifice.
- Every Friday, we're circling back on the stories you read the most over the past week. But we're throwing in your hot takes from social media to make things extra fun.
- State Education Secretary Miguel Cardona said, "Students have a greater likelihood of going to college if they are being taught by someone that looks like them."
- The coronavirus is causing panic on Wall Street as the Dow faced its biggest weekly losses since 2008.
- A sold-out memorial service was held Monday for basketball star Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna, who were among nine people killed last month in a helicopter crash in Los Angeles.
- The toy fair runs at the Jacob Javits Center from Feb. 22 through 25.The toy fair runs at the Jacob Javits Center from Feb. 22 through 25.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- Here's the summer concert lineup at the XFINITY Theatre in Hartford.Here's the summer concert lineup at the XFINITY Theatre in Hartford.
- Send us photos of all of the pets you love!Send us photos of all of the pets you love!