Disabled Bridgeport man facing eviction saved by nonprofitPosted: Updated:
A disabled Bridgeport man who was facing eviction will not end up on the streets thanks to a local nonprofit.
Milord Jean Pierre, 81, says his benefits were recently cut and his rent was raised at his Park Avenue apartment. He received a check from the Needs Clearing House to help him with emergency expenses.
Pierre says the nonprofits executive director, Joe Kaliko, quickly intervened after hearing his story two weeks ago.
Kaliko tells News 12 he couldn't stand to see a senior citizen fall through the cracks and end up homeless, especially someone like Pierre who worked hard his entire life and made it a point to give back to the community.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say a pregnant Bridgeport woman suffered a miscarriage after being assaulted by another woman.
- Bernie Sanders scored a resounding victory in Nevada’s presidential caucuses on Saturday, cementing his status as the Democrats' national front-runner.
- The incident took place at Park Avenue and Olive Street. Police say none of the injuries were life-threatening.
- Send us photos of all of the pets you love!Send us photos of all of the pets you love!
- Baseball season is right around the corner, and the Mets have reported to their spring training facility. Take a look at some of the sights from Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- The Yankees have a World Series title on their mind in 2020, but it all begins with spring training. Take a look at some of the sights from Tampa, Florida.
- The NASCAR Daytona 500 auto race took place at Daytona International Speedway Feb. 17, in Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!