Money from annual book sale to help revamp Newtown libraryPosted: Updated:
The 44th annual Friends of the C.H. Booth Library book sale is underway.
The sale started Saturday, and is happening at Reed Intermediate School in Newtown.
The event has more than 120,000 items books for sale, including special ones like a first edition Charles Dickens’ "A Christmas Carol."
"We see a lot kids for whom this is a way for parents and grandparents and other people who love them to introduce them to reading," said Denise Kaiser, the book sale chair person.
The money from the sale goes toward updating the local Newtown library.
The sale continues through Wednesday with special prices and offers each day.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Authorities say a mother was stabbed by her 15-year-old child in Bridgeport.Authorities say a mother was stabbed by her 15-year-old child in Bridgeport.
- A Bridgeport police officer was placed on administrative leave after being captured on video apparently striking a suspect in the head with a gun.
- Bail was set at $200,000 for a homeless man from West Virginia who was charged with placing two devices that looked like pressure cookers in a New York City subway station.
- Michelle Troconis is scheduled to appear in court Monday in connection to the Jennifer Dulos disappearance case.
- Fire crews pulled a man out of Lake Mohegan in Fairfield Sunday.Fire crews pulled a man out of Lake Mohegan in Fairfield Sunday.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedCT.