Sen. Blumenthal: ICE facilities are a “humanitarian crisis”Posted: Updated:
Sen. Richard Blumenthal is back in Connecticut after spending the weekend in McAllen, Texas to look at an ICE detention facility.
Blumenthal calls the poor conditions of the facility a "humanitarian crisis." He says he saw children with poor hygiene separated from their parents and calls for the “intolerable conditions” to come to a stop.
Blumenthal says that a comprehensive immigration reform is the "only possible solution to this crisis.”
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say two people are injured following a shooting in Bridgeport Friday.Police say two people are injured following a shooting in Bridgeport Friday.
State health officials say two Connecticut residents have been hospitalized with severe respiratory symptoms they believe are linked to vaping and e-cigarette use.
- According to Bloomberg, three new iPhones are expected next month, including a 'pro' model with a brand new camera system.
- This week's workout comes from Donna at Lifetime Athletic Club. News 12's Elizabeth Hashagen learns some moves that incorporate strength training and yoga.
- In honor of the first U.S. patent for a waffle iron on August 24, 1869 - today we celebrate National Waffle Day!
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
- Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.