Tashua Pool adds extra lifeguards during intense heatPosted: Updated:
The Tashua Pool in Trumbull is taking extra precautions to make sure everyone is safe during the extreme heat.
Extra lifeguards have been added to monitor the pool Sunday. That means kids will receive a strict adult swim policy at the top of every hour to make sure they receive designated 15 minute breaks from the sun.
“Lifeguarding is all about safety and accident prevention,” said Halley Shambra, the head guard at the Tashua Pool. “We want to make sure we have enough coverage and the pool covered to make sure everyone is safe, especially on a day like this."
Parents at the pool say they are happy to see extra staff on hand watching kids play and that the designated breaks are essential when paired with drinking water and wearing sun protection.
The pool's capacity is 175 people and is opened every day during the summer from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A Stamford man accused of firing shots into a crowded park Wednesday was charged with 50 counts of reckless endangerment and 22 counts of risk of injury.
- The George Washington Bridge has reopened after a suspicious package was cleared by the NYPD.The George Washington Bridge has reopened after a suspicious package was cleared by the NYPD.
- A Norwalk company is making sure students in the area are heading back to school next month with the proper school supplies.
- Capt. Anthony Duff, of the New Haven Police Department, was discharged from the hospital Thursday, just over a week after being shot several times.
- Religious leaders in Bridgeport gathered to show support for the police chief who has come under fire after recent incidents involving department officers.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.