3 remain hospitalized after Stratford car crash involving 13Posted: Updated:
At least 13 people were injured in a Stratford car crash, and officials say three people remain hospitalized Monday.
The 13 people were hospitalized following a two-vehicle crash on River Road around 12:00 p.m. Saturday. Three of the victims were trapped. It took firefighters a half hour to pull them out.
Officials say two minivans traveling in opposite directions collided head-on after one of the vehicles crossed the center line.
Investigators say at least six of the victims are under 18 years old.
One person remains in fair condition at Bridgeport Hospital, while two others were transported to Yale New Haven Hospital. Their conditions are not known at this time.
Police say one firefighter was also treated for heat exhaustion as a result of the rescue.
Officials say both minivans have out-of-state license plates.
The crash remains under investigation.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- The woman accused of setting a dead dog on fire at Sandy Point Beach in West Haven went before a judge Tuesday.
- Fairfield police say the strangers drove up in a black SUV on Greenfield Street Saturday.Fairfield police say the strangers drove up in a black SUV on Greenfield Street Saturday.
- The toxicology report for an Anguilla hotel worker killed after an alleged attack on a Connecticut tourist showed a lethal combination of drugs and alcohol in his system, a spokesperson representing the tourist says.The toxicology report for an Anguilla hotel worker killed after an alleged attack on a Connecticut tourist showed a lethal combination of drugs and alcohol in his system, a spokesperson representing the tourist says.
- Roasted in Stamford gives a fresh take on fast, casual counter service.Roasted in Stamford gives a fresh take on fast, casual counter service.
- Jaguar Land Rover is working on 3D technology that will help drivers better respond to road hazards.Jaguar Land Rover is working on 3D technology that will help drivers better respond to road hazards.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Are you looking for some outdoor fun and adventure this summer? Or maybe you're just thinking up some ideas to help the kids cool off in the summer heat? The tri-state area has a handful of water parks that may do the trick.