Police ID body of Redding man found in Lake CarmelPosted: Updated:
Police have identified a Redding man found dead in Lake Carmel in New York.
Jeremy Kipnis, 54, of Redding, Connecticut was found dead Monday after his family reported him missing Saturday.
As News 12 reported, Kipnis went missing Saturday after swimming in Lake Carmel in Kent, New York.
Officials searched the lake for two days before an officer discovered a body floating on the lake while using a pair of binoculars Monday.
Officials say the cause of death has not yet been determined and the incident is not being considered suspicious.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A Bridgeport woman is about to get a wheelchair accessible van for her disabled daughter thanks to some help from News 12 Connecticut and a local nonprofit.
- A wintry mix is expected to impact Monday evening's commute.A wintry mix is expected to impact Monday evening's commute.
- A vigil was held Sunday for a missing Stamford woman.A vigil was held Sunday for a missing Stamford woman.
- Bridgeport firefighters responded to a house fire Sunday afternoon.Bridgeport firefighters responded to a house fire Sunday afternoon.
- Heavy rain Saturday caused flooding to the north end of Bridgeport.Heavy rain Saturday caused flooding to the north end of Bridgeport.
- Red carpet arrivals at The Concert for The Rainforest Fund at the Beacon TheatreThe Rainforest Fund 30th anniversary benefit concert was held Monday at the Beacon Theatre in New York City.
- From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!
- December has already brought some snow to the tri-state area. Here's how the snow looked through your lens.
- The 87th annual Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree lighting ceremony was held Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019 in New York.
- The Mohegan Sun Arena performer lineup includes live music, entertainment, top headlining concerts and premier sporting events in Connecticut.