Norwalk residents meet with their neighbors for National Night OutPosted: Updated:
People in more than 10,000 communities met with their neighbors Tuesday night as part of National Night Out.
National Night Out is a program designed to help make communities closer and safer. In Norwalk, dozens of families turned out at the police department on Monroe Street.
There were activities for kids and representatives from social service groups on hand to talk with attendees. There was also free food and even a blacksmith turning old guns into art.
Stratford, Bridgeport and Torrington also took part in National Night Out, which began in the 1980s.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- The George Washington Bridge has reopened after a suspicious package was cleared by the NYPD.The George Washington Bridge has reopened after a suspicious package was cleared by the NYPD.
- A Norwalk company is making sure students in the area are heading back to school next month with the proper school supplies.
- Religious leaders in Bridgeport gathered to show support for the police chief who has come under fire after recent incidents involving department officers.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.