Candidate for Bridgeport mayor says his limo tires were slashedPosted: Updated:
A candidate for Bridgeport mayor and owner of a one-man limousine company claims a person with a knife put him out of business for a short time.
Ethan Book says somebody slashed all four tires on his one limo, forcing him to shut down his livery company based in the Hollow section of the city.
He says it was about $750 to repair and replace the tires on the limousine.
Book, a Republican candidate for mayor, says "the incident was probably politically motivated."
Police say they have no evidence to support his claim.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- At least eight people are displaced after a house fire in Bridgeport Wednesday.At least eight people are displaced after a house fire in Bridgeport Wednesday.
- The Black Rock Community Council of Bridgeport unveiled a new memorial honoring a woman executed for witchcraft.
- Today is a day to let the senior citizens in your life know how much you love and appreciate them - it's National Senior Citizens Day!
- NY demanda regla de carga pública. Alerta de salud por uso de cigarillos electrónicos.NY demanda regla de carga pública. Alerta de salud por uso de cigarillos electrónicos.
- A battle is brewing in Stamford over a proposed ordinance that would ban pet stores from selling dogs and cats.A battle is brewing in Stamford over a proposed ordinance that would ban pet stores from selling dogs and cats.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Are you looking for some outdoor fun and adventure this summer? Or maybe you're just thinking up some ideas to help the kids cool off in the summer heat? The tri-state area has a handful of water parks that may do the trick.