Port 5 Wienerfest in Bridgeport honors veteransPosted: Updated:
Neighbors gathered for the Port 5 Wienerfest fundraiser in Bridgeport Sunday to honor veterans.
Organizers say the event is about giving back to some of the bravest people in our country who put their lives on their line to serve the community.
The event was hosted by the nonprofit veterans group, Port 5, as a fun way to draw support for veterans in need. There was food, music and activities.
One of the services at the event included pairing up visually impaired and blind veterans with guide dogs to assist with their everyday needs.
The fundraiser was helpful for groups like Homes for the Brave, which provides transitional housing for homeless veterans.
This is the second year the event is taking place. Organizers say they plan to make it bigger and help even more people next year.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say a pregnant Bridgeport woman suffered a miscarriage after being assaulted by another woman.
- Bernie Sanders scored a resounding victory in Nevada’s presidential caucuses on Saturday, cementing his status as the Democrats' national front-runner.
- The incident took place at Park Avenue and Olive Street. Police say none of the injuries were life-threatening.
- Send us photos of all of the pets you love!Send us photos of all of the pets you love!
- Baseball season is right around the corner, and the Mets have reported to their spring training facility. Take a look at some of the sights from Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- The Yankees have a World Series title on their mind in 2020, but it all begins with spring training. Take a look at some of the sights from Tampa, Florida.
- The NASCAR Daytona 500 auto race took place at Daytona International Speedway Feb. 17, in Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!