Bridgeport memorial honors woman hanged for witchcraftPosted: Updated:
The Black Rock Community Council of Bridgeport unveiled a new memorial honoring a woman executed for witchcraft.
The Goody Knapp memorial is on display at the Burroughs Community Center.
Knapp was a Fairfield resident who was convicted of witchcraft and hanged in 1653, in what is now part of Bridgeport.
Organizers say the memorial serves as an important reminder of Connecticut's colonial past.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Torrington officials are investigating the cause of a fire that destroyed a landmark eatery in town Thursday morning.
- Sean McCabe brings us to Connecticut's first brewery/music venue: Woodbury Brewing Company.Sean McCabe brings us to Connecticut's first brewery/music venue: Woodbury Brewing Company.
- Ford is recalling over 168,000 F-150 pickup trucks in North America to fix an electrical problem that could cause engine stalling or fires.
- A student gunman opened fire Thursday at a Southern California high school, killing two students and wounding three others before he was captured in grave condition after shooting himself in the head, authorities said.
- Residents in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport voiced their concerns during a public meeting over an uptick of break-ins and robberies.
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury