Woman discovers human remains while placing flowers at mother's gravesitePosted: Updated:
More human remains were discovered at a Bridgeport cemetery plagued with a history of burial troubles, officials say.
A human jawbone was discovered by Sharon Davis near her mother's gravesite at the Park Cemetery on Lindley Street. Davis says she was placing flowers at her mother's grave when she found the jawbone in the dirt.
Police Chief AJ Perez met with Davis and her family to collect the evidence.
"My heart is with them and I'll do everything in my power to make it right," he says.
Police say more than 130 families have been affected by mounting allegations of bones scattered around the property and bodies missing from graves. The former property manager, Dale LaPrade, eventually ended up facing criminal charges relating to a fraudulent scheme to double stack bodies in order to sell more plots.
Police are asking any other families who find human remains to report them to police, so they can build their best case against the property manager.
Families rally against judge's ruling over troubled Bridgeport cemetery
Cemetery manager ordered to resign amid allegations of missing bodies
Families protest Bridgeport cemetery amid missing bodies allegations
Police: Bridgeport cemetery planned to put bodies in old graves
Caretaker arrested in desecration of Bridgeport cemetery
Bones found above ground in Bridgeport cemetery
Skulls found at Bridgeport cemetery are human
- The teen accused of fatally shooting a 12-year-old Bridgeport boy just a week before Christmas appeared in court Thursday.
- Monroe police have identified a suspicious man who caused a lockdown at Masuk High School and a manhunt by police.Monroe police have identified a suspicious man who caused a lockdown at Masuk High School and a manhunt by police.
- A homeless man in Stamford was arraigned Wednesday in connection with the killing of an elderly woman.A homeless man in Stamford was arraigned Wednesday in connection with the killing of an elderly woman.
- An 18-year-old boy has been charged in connection to a Stamford crash that killed two of his friends, police say.An 18-year-old boy has been charged in connection to a Stamford crash that killed two of his friends, police say.
- Stamford police are expected to make an arrest Wednesday in the death of Isabella Mehner.Stamford police are expected to make an arrest Wednesday in the death of Isabella Mehner.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Rep. Jim Himes, a Democrat representing Connecticut’s 4th District, has become one of the most visible and persistent questioners this week during the impeachment inquiry.
- Barkley is hoping the Giants' bye week helps him recover physically and mentally. He hasn't gone for over 100 rushing yards in a game since week 2.
- News 12's Sean McCabe takes us inside Counter Weight Brewing in Hamden.News 12's Sean McCabe takes us inside Counter Weight Brewing in Hamden.
- The Connecticut branch of Mothers Against Drunk Driving launched its holiday push Thursday to remind people to be safe on the roads this season with all the upcoming celebrations.
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for the College Street Music Hall in New Haven.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for the College Street Music Hall in New Haven.