GM recalls over 3.4M pickups, SUVs to fix brake issuesPosted: Updated:
General Motors is recalling more than 3.4 million big pickup trucks and SUVs in the U.S to fix a brake problem after being under pressure from the federal government.
The recall covers the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups from the 2014 through 2018 model years, as well as the Cadillac Escalade from 2015 to 2017, and the GMC Yukon and Chevy Suburban and Tahoe from 2015 through 2018.
According to the company, a pump in the power-assist brakes can put out less vacuum power than needed, increasing stopping distance and the risk of a crash.
The recall comes after the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration began investigating in November of last year.
Dealers will recalibrate the electronic brake control module.
Owners were to be notified starting Sept. 6.
For more information, click here.
AP wire services helped contribute to this report.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A man was stabbed by his co-worker in Milford Thursday during an altercation, police sayA man was stabbed by his co-worker in Milford Thursday during an altercation, police say
- Check out these Concerts in Connecticut for November.Check out these Concerts in Connecticut for November.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury