Police: Train strikes, kills pedestrian in FairfieldPosted: Updated:
A person was struck by a train at the Fairfield Metro Center Train Station Wednesday night, according to police.
An MTA official on scene said the victim was killed. It happened just before 7:30 p.m.
Police are still investigating how the person wound up on the tracks.
Fairfield and MTA police both responded.
No other information was immediately available.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A man was stabbed by his co-worker in Milford Thursday during an altercation, police sayA man was stabbed by his co-worker in Milford Thursday during an altercation, police say
- A 61-year-old person was struck and killed by a car while crossing the street in Stamford, police say.
- A coupon shared on social media promising to be a valid $75 Costco coupon is fake, the company announced.
- This week, Bianco Rosso pastry chef Suzanne Berne teaches Tina Redwine how to make festive Thanksgiving-themed treats.
- Check out these Concerts in Connecticut for November.Check out these Concerts in Connecticut for November.
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Styx at NYCB at WestburyStyx at NYCB at Westbury