Family asks for public’s help with Bridgeport grandmother's funeral expensesPosted: Updated:
A Bridgeport family says they need help paying for their grandmother's funeral expenses after she unexpectedly died.
Judith Zapata, who is well-known in the community, died on Tuesday, leaving her family wondering how they will stay in the family’s house and raise the grandchildren for whom she was caring.
Police and fire officials arrived at the family's home Friday to show their support for the relatives of the beloved local resident, who was known throughout her neighborhood for helping anybody she could whereever need existed. The officials, who were representing the Marilyn Goldstone Foundation, presented the family with $250 in Stop & Shop gift cards.
As News 12 reported in 2017, Zapata raised eight children by herself when her daughter Angela suddenly passed away from an aneurism.
Joe Kaliko at the Needs Clearinghouse raised thousands of dollars to keep Zapata in her Bridgeport home so she could continue raising the children in her care.
The family is asking for the public’s help with funeral expenses.
To contribute to the Judith Zapata funeral fund, please contact daughter Lesha Rodriguez at (203) 545–0672
Or mail check to:
Payable to: Lesha Rodriguez
c/o Judith Zapata Funeral Fund
142 Benham Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06605
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Protesters brought along something that caught a lot of eyes on I-95 Monday at a demonstration for the 41st annual Prescott Bush Awards Dinner.
- Constitution Day and Citizenship Day recognizes the adoption of the United States Constitution and those who have become U.S. citizens.Constitution Day and Citizenship Day recognizes the adoption of the United States Constitution and those who have become U.S. citizens.
- State police say a Bridgeport man has been arrested after they uncovered assault rifles, drugs and wads of cash at his apartment.
- In the wake of Purdue Pharma filing for Chapter 11, the city of Stamford, where the company is headquartered, is trying to get a handle on how this might affect the local economy and jobs.
- Bridgeport Animal Control took in the dog named Guacamole, but he was turned over to Project Precious Rescue out of Stamford.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for the College Street Music Hall in New Haven.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for the College Street Music Hall in New Haven.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.
- Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.Here's a look at some of the most highly anticipated films coming out this year.
News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedCT.
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.