Fire officials: Man's arm pinned by unsupported chimney at Stamford construction site

Posted: Updated:

Fire officials say a man's arm was pinned when a 5-foot piece of unsupported chimney fell and pinned his arm at a construction site in Stamford.

They say the incident happened on Givens Avenue, when the man got his hand caught in a chimney flue while cleaning up the site.

Crews were able to stabilize the structure and free the man, who was taken to the hospital for treatment.

 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."