Major delays on I-95 in Bridgeport impact commutePosted: Updated:
Two major traffic incidents on I-95 impacted commuters on Wednesday morning.
The first incident involved a tractor-trailer that rolled over and began leaking diesel. Crews worked to get the truck upright, and removed it from the scene.
The interstate between exits 28 to 29 were shut down for a few hours, but is now back open.
In another incident, a tractor-trailer caught on fire and smoke was pouring out of the truck near exit 2A on the northbound side.
State police confirm that all lanes there are now open as well.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Greenwich's police department and a towing company have partnered up to put a new twist on a safe, sober ride home during the holidays.
- In an extraordinary moment, even in an administration filled with them, Trump himself went after her again as she spoke, tweeting from the White House that everywhere she served had “turned bad.”
- The family of a Bridgeport woman who was fatally struck by a driver with drugs in her system is demanding justice nearly two years following the crash.
- A Fairfield man is facing charges after smashing into five cars and assaulting a police officer, police say.
- As two years have passed since a 50-year-old Bridgeport woman was killed in a car crash, her family is still awaiting the driver's sentencing.
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- The tree will be decked out in more than 50,000 multicolored lights and crowned with its iconic star.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Stars hit the red carpet for the world premiere of "Frozen 2" at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.