Bridgeport mayor announces partnership to help improve quality of public housingPosted: Updated:
Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim announcing Sunday that the city is partnering with local, state and federal officials to help improve the quality of public housing.
Ganim saying people are sick and tired of living with everything from broken elevators to bedbugs - and they deserve better.
The mayor announced a new task force on housing this week, saying his partnership with HUD and the local Housing Authority will help replace old buildings with new high-quality public housing.
"It means a commitment to better quality public housing every place in the city of Bridgeport because we have the support on a federal level from Sen. Blumenthal, HUD and others and we're working on that. And I want people to know that we take this seriously. There's nothing more important than good quality affordable housing in the city of Bridgeport - in this case, public housing," says Ganim.
Ganim says he plans to replace Green Homes and Marina Village, and says he will seek public input as part of his plan.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- It's National Peanut Butter Day!It's National Peanut Butter Day!
- A New York city man is behind bars, charged with attempted murder in connection with a domestic violence call in Bridgeport.
- A patient taken to a New Jersey hospital Thursday evening does not have the Wuhan coronavirus, according to hospital officials.
- Puerto Ricans showed up in the pouring rain Thursday night--fed up by recent government decisions and are asking their governor to step down.
- Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.