Christmas tree shortage could mean higher pricesPosted: Updated:
You may want to get your Christmas tree early this year since there is a nationwide shortage.
Local Christmas tree farmers say bad weather in Canada, North Carolina and Oregon is part of the problem.
Increased freight costs are also to blame.
The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is almost a week shorter than usual this year, making the demand for trees much more concentrated than usual.
The tight supply of trees could mean higher prices for trees in several areas of the country.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- An emergency bond hearing was held Wednesday without Fotis Dulos, but with his legal team.An emergency bond hearing was held Wednesday without Fotis Dulos, but with his legal team.
- The man charged with the murder of his estranged wife remains in a Bronx hospital after an apparent suicide attempt Tuesday.
- Police are expected to execute a search warrant Wednesday at the home of Fotis Dulos after he attempted to take his own life and was rushed to the hospital.
- Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim announced he is working to fast track a plan to decommission the crime-plagued Greene Homes city housing complex.
- Britain's departure from the EU was backed by European lawmakers Wednesday, after a debate that mixed warm words of love with hard-headed warnings to the country not to seek too many concessions during upcoming trade talks on a future relationship.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.
- Rain soaked the tri-state area over the weekend, but the skies cleared in time for News 12 viewers to snap some stunning shots of rainbows!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.