Christmas tree shortage could mean higher pricesPosted: Updated:
You may want to get your Christmas tree early this year since there is a nationwide shortage.
Local Christmas tree farmers say bad weather in Canada, North Carolina and Oregon is part of the problem.
Increased freight costs are also to blame.
The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is almost a week shorter than usual this year, making the demand for trees much more concentrated than usual.
The tight supply of trees could mean higher prices for trees in several areas of the country.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A funeral was held Thursday for two Watertown teens killed by their mother's boyfriend inside their home.
- The Connecticut Supreme Court heard an appeal of a gag order in the criminal case against the estranged husband of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos.
- Surveillance video out of Jersey City Tuesday shows two shooters, later identified as Francine Graham and David Anderson, coming out of a stolen U-Haul they parked across from JC Kosher Supermarket.
- The family of a man found shot to death inside a blighted Bridgeport building is opening up about their tragic loss.
The fight to bring a teen back to his New Haven home reemerged Tuesday afternoon as Wilbur Cross High School students and staff rallied outside the Milford Courthouse.
- Red carpet arrivals at The Concert for The Rainforest Fund at the Beacon TheatreThe Rainforest Fund 30th anniversary benefit concert was held Monday at the Beacon Theatre in New York City.
- From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!From sparking holiday lights to fun Santa photos, News 12 wants to see your holiday photos!
- December has already brought some snow to the tri-state area. Here's how the snow looked through your lens.
- The 87th annual Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree lighting ceremony was held Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019 in New York.