Police: 3 hospitalized when SUV plows into bus stopPosted: Updated:
Three people were hospitalized after an SUV plowed into a bus stop in Bridgeport Sunday.
Police say two women were standing inside the bus stop enclosure on Fairfield Avenue next to Stop & Shop around 9:30 a.m. when it happened. They say the vehicle lost control and crashed into the women.
Investigators say the driver and the women were taken to the hospital with serious injuries, but not considered to be life-threatening. One woman had serious injuries to her eyes.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Two people have been arrested in connection to the hit-and-run of a Bridgeport firefighter last June, police say.
- It's National Peanut Butter Day!It's National Peanut Butter Day!
- A New York city man is behind bars, charged with attempted murder in connection with a domestic violence call in Bridgeport.
- A patient taken to a New Jersey hospital Thursday evening does not have the Wuhan coronavirus, according to hospital officials.
- Puerto Ricans showed up in the pouring rain Thursday night--fed up by recent government decisions and are asking their governor to step down.
- Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.