Norwalk steps up holiday road patrol in 'Click It or Ticket' campaignPosted: Updated:
Police in Norwalk are reminding drivers to obey the rules of the road as holiday season traffic begins.
Lots of travelers are expected to hit the roads for the upcoming holidays, and officers at the Norwalk Police Department are reminding drivers to buckle up.
All week, local and state police all over Connecticut are stepping up patrols as part of the national "Click It or Ticket" enforcement campaign.
Police say they'll have extra officers on the roads watching for seat belts, speeding and distracted driving.
According to police, drivers can also expect stronger DUI enforcement Wednesday through Thursday. They'll be monitoring roads to make sure residents make it home safe from their holiday celebrations.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Two people have been arrested in connection to the hit-and-run of a Bridgeport firefighter last June, police say.
- It's National Peanut Butter Day!It's National Peanut Butter Day!
- A New York city man is behind bars, charged with attempted murder in connection with a domestic violence call in Bridgeport.
- A patient taken to a New Jersey hospital Thursday evening does not have the Wuhan coronavirus, according to hospital officials.
- Puerto Ricans showed up in the pouring rain Thursday night--fed up by recent government decisions and are asking their governor to step down.
- Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!Have a great or fun photo during snowstorms in January 2020? We want to see them!
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.