‘Something special for the Town of Greenwich.’ Sam Bridge opens Santa’s VillagePosted: Updated:
The countdown to Christmas officially began in Greenwich at the annual Reindeer Festival and Santa's Village kickoff.
Friday marked the first day of the 11th annual Reindeer Festival and Santa's Village at Sam Bridge in Greenwich. The nursery and greenhouse have been converted into a winter wonderland for the holiday season.
Children with wide eyes and big smiles waited patiently for the chance to meet Santa this Black Friday. Outside, boys and girls took a ride on the Polar Express and cheerfully welcomed Santa's reindeer.
“We saw the opportunity to really create something special for the Town of Greenwich,” says organizer Tammi Ketler. "It's really an opportunity for families to experience the holidays together."
Sam Bridge is a family-owned nursery.
"It's bigger and better than ever every year,” says Maggie Bridge, manager of sales and marketing. “It seems to grow a little bit which is really, really exciting."
Proceeds from the Christmas village go to Kids in Crisis, a nonprofit that helps at risk children get out of difficult situations.
“In a community like this, it's such a festive time for everybody to be involved,” says participant Robert Peterson.
The holiday cheer in Greenwhich continues its festivities until Dec. 24.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A man is facing burglary charges for breaking into a home in Bridgeport.A man is facing burglary charges for breaking into a home in Bridgeport.
- A patient in Southern California is third person in the U.S. to be diagnosed with the new pneumonia-like virus from China, health officials said.
It’s time to ‘pawty!’ Is your pooch an all-pro? Submit a photo of your furry friend for a chance to win a prize!
- This week on Paws & Pals, Harry Stolberg, of Paws of War, visited the News 12 studio to talk about service dogs who ease the emotional effects of war that a lot of veterans come home with.
- Take time today to celebrate your spouse - it's National Spouses Day!Take time today to celebrate your spouse - it's National Spouses Day!
- Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards