Cow helps ring in Stew Leonard's 50th birthdayPosted: Updated:
Stew Leonard's grocery stores are celebrating a half-century in business, and they celebrated in a big way.
Gov. Ned Lamont invited a 1-year-old cow to Hartford to help the world's largest dairy store celebrate its 50th birthday.
The store began as Clover Dairy Farm in Norwalk. In 1969, Stew Leonard Sr. decided to get into the grocery business.
Today, there are seven Stew Leonard's stores with nearly 2,000 employees.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- News 12 meteorologists are tracking a storm that's on track to bring several inches of snowfall to western Connecticut on Saturday.
- New York announced the hiring of the former Dallas coach to be the Giants offensive coordinator Friday night.
- Sen. Richard Blumenthal visited the Stamford-based Americares Foundation Friday for an update on their relief efforts in Puerto Rico.
- A Stamford veteran says he is struggling to pay for his medical bills after he was struck in a hit-and-run.
- A Connecticut congressional candidate embroiled in President Donald Trump's impeachment denied on social media that he stalked a former U.S. ambassador.
- According to the National Retail Federation, Americans were expected to spend $490 million on costumes for their pets this past Halloween. But there's another special day to celebrate your furry friend!
- The National Board of Review assembled many of the regulars of this year’s awards season in the annual, untelevised gala dinner at Cipriani’s 42nd Street in midtown Manhattan.
- The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.