Coastal Flood STATEMENT in effect for:
Temple Sinai serves Christmas lunch to over 100 people in needPosted: Updated:
Temple Sinai is giving back to the community on Christmas Day with a lunch for the hungry and homeless at the New Covenant Center in Stamford.
Organizers say they've been serving lunch for over 25 years. According to it’s website, the center’s annual output has “tripled to 700,000 meals, serving approximately 3,300 unduplicated men, women and children.”
Included on the menu Wednesday was turkey, ham and casseroles.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A startling new phenomenon in the COVID-19 pandemic shows an alarming amount of personal protective equipment like rubber gloves and masks being discarded in parking lots.
- Gov. Ned Lamont announced an executive order that would reserve state hotels and short-term rentals for essential workers that will go into effect today.
- The NYPD announced the citywide crime statistics for March 2020, revealing a decrease from last year.
- The NYPD and the New York City Police Foundation announced that they have purchased 150,000 units of masks, gloves and packets of hand sanitizer for those on the front lines.
- An emergency field hospital opened in New York City's Central Park in an effort to ease the flow of sick patients coming into city hospitals.An emergency field hospital opened in New York City's Central Park in an effort to ease the flow of sick patients coming into city hospitals.
- The 1,000-bed hospital ship will help ease the burden on local hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.