Freezing rain brings icy conditions to parts of Litchfield CountyPosted: Updated:
Parts of Litchfield County saw some icy conditions today.
The Department of Public Works says the ice brought down a number of power lines and a number of tree limbs, closing off roads like Laurel Street in Winchester.
People at Winchester Center say they've never seen the ice on trees so thick before.
Public Works says that part of town lost power.
Public Works adds once it is done tending to the downed trees and power lines, it will re-treat the roads.
VIDEO: Icy conditions in the town of Litchfield:
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- News 12 meteorologists are tracking a storm that's on track to bring several inches of snowfall to western Connecticut on Saturday.
- New York announced the hiring of the former Dallas coach to be the Giants offensive coordinator Friday night.
- Sen. Richard Blumenthal visited the Stamford-based Americares Foundation Friday for an update on their relief efforts in Puerto Rico.
- A Stamford veteran says he is struggling to pay for his medical bills after he was struck in a hit-and-run.
- A Connecticut congressional candidate embroiled in President Donald Trump's impeachment denied on social media that he stalked a former U.S. ambassador.
- According to the National Retail Federation, Americans were expected to spend $490 million on costumes for their pets this past Halloween. But there's another special day to celebrate your furry friend!
- The National Board of Review assembled many of the regulars of this year’s awards season in the annual, untelevised gala dinner at Cipriani’s 42nd Street in midtown Manhattan.
- The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.