Local janitors renew contract 4 days before it expiresPosted: Updated:
Fairfield County janitors got new contracts just days before the old one was set to expire.
They agreed to a deal over the weekend in Stamford.
It covers 3,000 workers.
Wages will go up, benefits are protected, and workplace rules are said to be improved.
The deal is part of a larger settlement covering 75,000 janitors across the Fairfield County region.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- News 12 meteorologists are tracking a storm that's expected to bring several inches of snowfall to western Connecticut today.
- Bridgeport police say an apparent prankster is wanted for taping what appeared to be radio parts near a Chase Bank.
- This reverse lunge with a bicep curl is unique in that you are stepping back first, holding your lunge and then curling your weights.
- The third Saturday in January is National Use Your Gift Card Day!The third Saturday in January is National Use Your Gift Card Day!
- ICE dice que ciudad santuario de NYC es un peligro.ICE dice que ciudad santuario de NYC es un peligro.
- According to the National Retail Federation, Americans were expected to spend $490 million on costumes for their pets this past Halloween. But there's another special day to celebrate your furry friend!
- The National Board of Review assembled many of the regulars of this year’s awards season in the annual, untelevised gala dinner at Cipriani’s 42nd Street in midtown Manhattan.
- The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.