17 displaced in Bridgeport house firePosted: Updated:
Seventeen people were displaced after a fire at a multi-family home in Bridgeport, officials say.
The fire happened Monday on Maplewood Avenue near Norman Street around 7:30 p.m.
Firefighters were called to the scene where flames were seen shooting out of the back of the building near the porch before spreading to the second and third floors.
Officials say everyone made it out of the house, and no injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross is assisting the 14 adults and 3 children who were displaced.
Officials say the home is a total loss, and they are investigating the cause of the fire.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- News 12 saw defense attorney Kevin Smith walk into the court for the hearing at around 11:30 a.m., but Dulos never arrived. Shortly after noon, court officials said the proceeding was on hold.
- Police have confirmed that Fotis Dulos has not died, and is in critical condition after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in his Farmington home.
- The man charged with the murder of his estranged wife remains in a Bronx hospital after an apparent suicide attempt Tuesday.
It’s time to ‘pawty!’ Is your pooch an all-pro? Submit a photo of your furry friend for a chance to win a prize!
- Puzzles put your minds to work!Puzzles put your minds to work!
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.
- Rain soaked the tri-state area over the weekend, but the skies cleared in time for News 12 viewers to snap some stunning shots of rainbows!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.