132nd District hopefuls campaign at Fairfield train station ahead of special electionPosted: Updated:
132nd District hopefuls campaigned outside the Fairfield train station Monday ahead of tomorrow's special election.
Republican Brian Farnen and Democrat Jennifer Leeper talked with commuters on the platform.
They are both vying for the 132nd District Seat in the state House of Representatives.
Brenda Kupchick previously held the seat but resigned after she was elected first selectwoman of Fairfield in November.
Farnen says Connecticut needs to acknowledge its financial state and the challenges that come with it.
"We need to acknowledge our fiscal crisis, and reign in taxes and make the state more welcoming to small businesses and people so we can get the younger generation to hopefully come here after college and hopefully keep our seniors in state too," Farnen says.
Leeper spoke about her background and how she thinks voters will benefit from her experience.
"I'm running because we obviously have a lot of challenges that our state's facing, and my background is in public policy and data analysis, I think we want somebody who can look at the challenges, analyze the data and deliver solutions for us," Leeper says.
The polls will be open for voters in the 132nd District Tuesday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Power & PoliticsMore>>
- It's a new year, and that means fresh faces are in Hartford. Two new lawmakers arrive just in time for a possible vote on tolls.
- House Democrats opened arguments in President Donald Trump's impeachment trial Wednesday, appealing to skeptical Republican senators to join them in voting to remove Trump from office to “protect our democracy.”
- Candidates in Greenwich are gearing up for a special election in the 151st Assembly District.Candidates in Greenwich are gearing up for a special election in the 151st Assembly District.
- Congressional candidate Robert Hyde is under FBI investigation after he claimed to stalk a foreign ambassador.
- Republican Brian Farnen won the special election for the 132nd district in Fairfield Tuesday.Republican Brian Farnen won the special election for the 132nd district in Fairfield Tuesday.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Court officials say an emergency bond hearing will take place today, with or without Fotis Dulos.Court officials say an emergency bond hearing will take place today, with or without Fotis Dulos.
- News 12 saw defense attorney Kevin Smith walk into the court for the hearing at around 11:30 a.m., but Dulos never arrived. Shortly after noon, court officials said the proceeding was on hold.
- Police have confirmed that Fotis Dulos has not died, and is in critical condition after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in his Farmington home.
It’s time to ‘pawty!’ Is your pooch an all-pro? Submit a photo of your furry friend for a chance to win a prize!
- Puzzles put your minds to work!Puzzles put your minds to work!
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.
- Rain soaked the tri-state area over the weekend, but the skies cleared in time for News 12 viewers to snap some stunning shots of rainbows!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.