Fairfield doctor faces domestic violence chargesPosted: Updated:
A Fairfield doctor was arrested over the weekend and is facing domestic violence charges.
Ian Gorovoy turned himself in to police Saturday before bonding out. He made his first court appearance Monday.
The ophthalmologist is facing four counts of third-degree sexual assault and four counts of risk of injury to a child.
Police say the incidents happened in 2017 and 2018 while Gorovoy was involved with a woman he is no longer with.
Police say it wasn't until about a year after the couple split that the victim came forward -- in March of 2019. During that time, they were involved in legal proceedings.
Police say the woman told them on multiple occasions that Gorovoy initiated unwanted sexual contact with her and did so in front of a 4-year-old child. They say the victim has recordings of the couple arguing.
Gorovoy's attorney, Edward Gavin, denied the claims, telling police he had proof the encounters were consensual.
“This arrest arises out of a difficult divorce," Gavin said in a statement to News 12 Connecticut. "We’ve been cooperating with the Fairfield police for almost a year. The charges are baseless. We look forward to having our day in court.”
Police say Gorovoy has been ordered to have no contact with the victim.
- News 12 saw defense attorney Kevin Smith walk into the court for the hearing at around 11:30 a.m., but Dulos never arrived. Shortly after noon, court officials said the proceeding was on hold.
- A Bronx woman accused of targeting grieving families pleaded not guilty to felony charges out of Greenwich Monday.A Bronx woman accused of targeting grieving families pleaded not guilty to felony charges out of Greenwich Monday.
- Police say four men face charges in Westport for stealing nearly $7,000 worth of cellphones from a T-Mobile store Sunday.Police say four men face charges in Westport for stealing nearly $7,000 worth of cellphones from a T-Mobile store Sunday.
- Four people were shot outside of the Bridgeport courthouse Monday, and police say three people are now in custody.Four people were shot outside of the Bridgeport courthouse Monday, and police say three people are now in custody.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Court officials say an emergency bond hearing will take place today, with or without Fotis Dulos.Court officials say an emergency bond hearing will take place today, with or without Fotis Dulos.
- The man charged with the murder of his estranged wife remains in a Bronx hospital after an apparent suicide attempt Tuesday.
It’s time to ‘pawty!’ Is your pooch an all-pro? Submit a photo of your furry friend for a chance to win a prize!
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.
- Rain soaked the tri-state area over the weekend, but the skies cleared in time for News 12 viewers to snap some stunning shots of rainbows!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.