Bridgeport Board of Education member accused of impersonating police officer due in courtPosted: Updated:
A member of the Bridgeport Board of Education is expected to appear before a judge Tuesday in connection to impersonating a police officer and attempting to kidnap a man in Seymour, police say.
Court documents reveal Chris Taylor, a Bridgeport BOE member, and his wife Stacy, posed as officers to get inside a Seymour apartment building where Stacy's 21-year-old son lives then tried to force him to leave with them. Police say Chris Taylor also appeared to threaten the son.
Deputy Chief Roberto Rinaldi of the Seymour Police Department says Taylor tried to grab the son and told him he had a gun.
"Chris tried to grab him, we don't know if he tried to push him into the car or what, but the struggle ensued, at which time the victim broke away, walked back to his apartment, and Chris insinuated he had a gun, and he would shoot him but he never showed a gun," Rinaldi says.
Taylor is the third member of the Bridgeport BOE to face criminal charges in recent months.
- News 12 saw defense attorney Kevin Smith walk into the court for the hearing at around 11:30 a.m., but Dulos never arrived. Shortly after noon, court officials said the proceeding was on hold.
- Police have confirmed that Fotis Dulos has not died, and is in critical condition after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in his Farmington home.
- A Bronx woman accused of targeting grieving families pleaded not guilty to felony charges out of Greenwich Monday.A Bronx woman accused of targeting grieving families pleaded not guilty to felony charges out of Greenwich Monday.
- Police say four men face charges in Westport for stealing nearly $7,000 worth of cellphones from a T-Mobile store Sunday.Police say four men face charges in Westport for stealing nearly $7,000 worth of cellphones from a T-Mobile store Sunday.
- Four people were shot outside of the Bridgeport courthouse Monday, and police say three people are now in custody.Four people were shot outside of the Bridgeport courthouse Monday, and police say three people are now in custody.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Court officials say an emergency bond hearing will take place today, with or without Fotis Dulos.Court officials say an emergency bond hearing will take place today, with or without Fotis Dulos.
- The man charged with the murder of his estranged wife remains in a Bronx hospital after an apparent suicide attempt Tuesday.
It’s time to ‘pawty!’ Is your pooch an all-pro? Submit a photo of your furry friend for a chance to win a prize!
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.
- Rain soaked the tri-state area over the weekend, but the skies cleared in time for News 12 viewers to snap some stunning shots of rainbows!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.