Police: Woman injured, over 30 shots fired in BridgeportPosted: Updated:
A woman on her way to a food pantry Tuesday was injured during a shooting where over 30 shots were fired, police say.
The incident happened Tuesday in the 200 block of Pine Street around 7 p.m. Police say ShotSpotter alerted them that there may have been a shooting in the area.
When officers arrived, they say they recovered 33 bullet shell casings.
Officers say the woman suffered cuts on her head and hip after a person fired shots at her friend's car. One bullet passed right by her head.
Police say they found a bullet in the friend's car that matched the shell casings found at Pine Street.
No arrests have been made, and the women told police she does not know the person who fired the shots at her.
"It doesn't appear that she was targeted," said Capt. Brian Fitzgerald. "I think that she was a random citizen that was caught in the crossfire of two other vehicles that were shooting at each other."
The victim says she doesn't usually go out, but a friend, who knew she was struggling, persuaded her to visit a food pantry at a local church. Now she says she's praying to God that whoever fired the bullets that almost struck her will face justice.
Anyone with information is asked to call Bridgeport Police Tips Line at 203-576-TIPS.
- Officers say this is the city's fifth homicide of the year.Officers say this is the city's fifth homicide of the year.
- The Stamford community is mourning a business jewelry store owner who was fatally shot inside of his store during an armed robbery.The Stamford community is mourning a business jewelry store owner who was fatally shot inside of his store during an armed robbery.
- A 38-year-old man was fatally shot in Bridgeport Friday night, police say.A 38-year-old man was fatally shot in Bridgeport Friday night, police say.
- Greenwich police have released surveillance images of a jewelry store robbery suspect.Greenwich police have released surveillance images of a jewelry store robbery suspect.
- A man was stabbed to death at a skate park in Danbury, police say.A man was stabbed to death at a skate park in Danbury, police say.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A Fairfield nonprofit that provides food to those in need is extending its services to include home grocery deliveries to seniors.
- You or a family member are sick, need to see a doctor, but are under stay-at-home orders. A virtual doctor visit can help!
- Housatonic Community College in Bridgeport is creating 3D-printed face shields worn by health care workers to protect them in the fight against the coronavirus.
- The Q Bridge in New Haven was lit up in red lights to honor the thousands of Connecticut health care workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- American Airlines is joining United and JetBlue in reducing the number of flights out of New York area airports as the city braces for its worst week since the coronavirus outbreak began.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- The 1,000-bed hospital ship will help ease the burden on local hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak.