Black History Month: Sarah BoonePosted: Updated:
Sarah Boone was a dressmaker from New Haven who invented and patented the earliest version of the ironing board with collapsible legs. In honor of Black History month, we are recognizing local African Americans who made an impact in our state. Keep an eye out for facts like this throughout our newscasts this month.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Investigators at the state’s Attorney’s Office have concluded that the death of a Stamford man who lost consciousness after being taken into custody died of natural causes.
- New evidence against Mexico's former top security official has been uncovered since he was charged with taking tens of millions of dollars in bribes to protect Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's notorious Sinaloa cartel
- A Bridgeport family told News 12 that their son almost died after being pressured into getting vaccinated so he could attend school.
- The Danbury Superior Courthouse was evacuated after a powdery substance that turned out to be Tylenol, was found inside the lobby, according to police.
- A sold-out memorial service was held Monday for basketball star Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna, who were among nine people killed last month in a helicopter crash in Los Angeles.
- The toy fair runs at the Jacob Javits Center from Feb. 22 through 25.The toy fair runs at the Jacob Javits Center from Feb. 22 through 25.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- Here's the summer concert lineup at the XFINITY Theatre in Hartford.Here's the summer concert lineup at the XFINITY Theatre in Hartford.
- Send us photos of all of the pets you love!Send us photos of all of the pets you love!