2 women injured in Stratford house fire

Posted: Updated:

Two women were injured, one seriously in a one-alarm house fire in Stratford Thursday, officials say.

The fire happened at Karen Avenue around 5 a.m.

Officials say one of the women suffered burns to her chest and was believed to be asleep on a couch in the living room of the home where the fire began.

 

Firefighters say the woman on the couch needed to be rescued and that she was not conscious and suffered serious injuries.

Another woman suffered smoke inhalation, but was alert and conscious before walking out of the house during the fire.

Both women were transported to Bridgeport hospital.

The fire was extinguished shortly after firefighters arrived on scene, and officials say there are working smoke detectors inside the home.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."