Brush fires erupt along I-95 in WestportPosted: Updated:
Fire officials say fire crews battled at least two brush fires along I-95 in Westport Wednesday afternoon.
The first fire about three acres wide broke out on the Northbound side between exits 18 and 19.
The second fire broke out near the area of the exit 18 Sherwood Island connector.
Some of the lanes had to be closed while crews battled the brush fires.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Small businesses are waiting days to apply for federal help and some are not sure how much longer they can hold on for.
- Catholic churches throughout Connecticut are empty as priests celebrate the most solemn part of Holy Week without worshipers present.
- Access Independence in Stratford has been churning out thousands of protective visors and respirator parts with 3D printers.
- President Donald Trump called the testing operation in the U.S. “by far the most sophisticated and the best anywhere.”
- Breweries all over the world are raising a glass of their new All Together IPA to struggling hospitality workers.
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!