Kids create aquatic scene with Legos at Maritime AquariumPosted: Updated:
Kids are helping create an enormous ocean scene using Legos.
This weekend is Lego Weekend at the Maritime Aquarium.
Kids can build bridges, race Lego sharks and build their own boats.
Lego experts will create a massive coral reef scene so kids can build sea creatures to add to it. They can make jellyfish, seals, sharks, sting rays, turtles and more.
Some kids are even building animals unknown to science -- by using their imagination.
Tina Tison says she hopes this hands-on STEM activity helps children understand the importance of protecting the marine wildlife in the Long Island Sound.
"It's a great way to really put together two things that families love -- the aquarium and Lego," Tison said. "It's a great way to foster imagination and a different way to look at the marine environment when you can actually build it yourself."
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Live concerts may be canceled but that isn't stopping one local musician from performing.Live concerts may be canceled but that isn't stopping one local musician from performing.
- News 12 reporter John Craven says he got the coronavirus a week and a half ago. It started with a sore throat and then he had trouble breathing and a high fever.
- Disneyland and Walt Disney World plan to stay closed for the foreseeable future due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo is giving his daily briefing on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York.Gov. Andrew Cuomo is giving his daily briefing on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York.
- Nassau County Executive Laura Curran is giving an update on the coronavirus outbreak.Nassau County Executive Laura Curran is giving an update on the coronavirus outbreak.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.