Ex-FBI executive asks Congress for more money to protect houses of worshipPosted: Updated:
A former senior executive for the FBI who now runs a private security firm is calling on Congress to free up more money for protecting places of worship.
Kevin Kline met with Sen. Richard Blumenthal Sunday at one of several Bridgeport churches boosting their security.
Blumenthal has introduced a measure that would provide millions to help places of worship pay for that kind of upgrade.
Kline says his company, the Aggeris Group, guides the upgrade process.
"We do this by meeting with the leaders of the church, members of the church, synagogue, temple, mosque, we get a full understanding of what their concerns are, what they can afford," he says.
Blumenthal says the kind of work that Kline and other security firms do is absolutely necessary to safeguard the worshipers at synagogues, churches and mosques.
Blumenthal says he will continue urging his colleague to pass the supplemental budget measure containing money for this kind of security.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Live concerts may be canceled but that isn't stopping one local musician from performing.Live concerts may be canceled but that isn't stopping one local musician from performing.
- News 12 reporter John Craven says he got the coronavirus a week and a half ago. It started with a sore throat and then he had trouble breathing and a high fever.
- Disneyland and Walt Disney World plan to stay closed for the foreseeable future due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo is giving his daily briefing on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York.Gov. Andrew Cuomo is giving his daily briefing on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York.
- Danbury is home to Connecticut's second field hospital being used to prepare for a rise in coronavirus patients.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.