Carbon monoxide forces Mott Haven tenants to evacuate apartment building

Tenants in one Bronx building got an unpleasant surprise Wednesday.Residents at 602 East 139th Street woke up around 3 a.m. to find smoke in their apartments and immediately called the fire department.

News 12 Staff

Nov 15, 2006, 3:11 PM

Updated 6,397 days ago

Share:

Carbon monoxide forces Mott Haven tenants to evacuate apartment building
Tenants in one Bronx building got an unpleasant surprise Wednesday.Residents at 602 East 139th Street woke up around 3 a.m. to find smoke in their apartments and immediately called the fire department. Residents say when the firefighters arrived, they were told carbon monoxide was found coming from a faulty boiler. The residents say the boiler was put in only two days ago and are accusing the landlord of hiring cheap labor to install it. They say this is only the latest complaint they have had, but this time it could have cost them their lives. News 12 The Bronx was unable Wednesday morning to reach the landlord. No injuries were reported in the incident.


More from News 12