‘It was heartbreaking’ – Westport bridal shop damaged in fire

Crews arrived at Plumed Serpent Bridal on Post Road East and were quickly able to quench the fire. But smoke from the incident left the store and its contents of dresses a mess.

News 12 Staff

Oct 18, 2021, 11:32 PM

Updated 1,004 days ago

Share:

The owner of a bridal salon in Westport says damage from a fire that broke out Saturday morning has left her with a lot of work on her hands.
Crews arrived at Plumed Serpent Bridal on Post Road East and were quickly able to quench the fire. But smoke from the incident left the store and its contents of dresses a mess.
Owner Alison Luciano told News 12 that sample dresses used by customers are ruined, but ordered gowns were protected and should be OK.
“It was heartbreaking. It was the prettiest store ever, and to walk in and see it black with all of our dresses looking like this – it was awful,” she said.
Investigators determined that the fire was an accident but did not pinpoint its cause. Luciano says she is looking for a temporary location for her store.


More from News 12