Attorney says Brian Laundrie's whereabouts are 'currently unknown'

An attorney for Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of missing woman Gabby Petito, says that his client’s whereabouts are currently unknown.
In a statement Friday night, Laundrie's attorney said, "Be advised that the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie are currently unknown. The FBI is currently at the Laundrie residence removing property to assist in locating Brian. As of now the FBI is now looking for both Gabby and Brian."
Earlier that evening, police and protesters were at his parent's North Port, Florida home. Some of those demonstrators chanted "where is Gabby?"
A North Port police spokesperson told the media that Laundrie's family called officers to the house and told them they have not seen their son since Tuesday.
Authorities in North Port were seen entering The Laundrie family home and searching a car on the property.
North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison later tweeted, "The conversation at the Laundrie home is complete. Once we have the details a statement will be made. We ask for calm!"
Laundrie's disappearance came amid mounting pressure for the Blue Point native to start talking to investigators after his fiancée seemingly vanished.
Petito's family reported the 22-year-old missing nearly a week ago after she stopped all communication during a cross-county road trip with Laundrie.
Laundrie returned to his parents’ Florida home, but Petito did not.
Members of the Blue Point community echoed calls for Laundrie to break his silence and tell police what he knows about the disappearance.
Attorney Jesse Weber, who has no connection to this case, said Laundrie is exercising his constitutional right to keep quiet and reiterates that he has not been charged with a crime.
"It's not surprising that when he got the advice of his counsel not to say anything to police, that is what's happening. For me, at this point, it seems very clear that he has information that would help the police, but he's under no obligation from a legal point of view to help them in their investigation," Weber says.
Petito and Laundrie were on a cross-country road trip that began when they left Blue Point on July 2.
Petito then posted pictures on social media from Kansas and Colorado.
In mid-July, the pair was at Zion National Park in Utah.
On Aug. 24, they left Salt Lake City.
The next day Petito FaceTimed with her mother from Wyoming.
Six days after that, Petito's mother received a text from her phone, which said she was at Yosemite National Park, though she believes Petito did not send that message.
Laundrie showed up at home in Florida without Petito on Sept. 1.
Brian’s sister, Cassie Laundrie, revealed Friday morning on a television interview that even she has not spoken with her brother, but she did say that she is talking to authorities.
"I've cooperated every way that I can. I wish I had information where I would give more - this is all I have, this I gave to the police," she said.
Meanwhile, Petito's stepfather, James Schmidt, is in the Wyoming wilderness helping in the search for her.
The community is also raising money and next week they plan to tie ribbons onto trees to show solidarity with the Petito family.