U.S. Mint announces next series of women to be featured on the back of quarters
The US Mint just announced the next series of women to be featured on the back of quarters.
Here are the 2024 honorees:
- Pauli Murray - The first African American woman to become episcopal priest in the
- Patsy Takemoto Mink - The first woman of color elected to U.S. House.
- Dr. Mary Edwards Walker - The only woman with a medal of honor.
- Celia Cruz – Cuban American singer, cultural icon, and one of the most popular Latin artists of the 20th century.
- Zitkala-Sa – Writer, composer, educator, and political activist.
The U.S. Mint will produce 600 million quarters for each honoree, 10 weeks each.
The American Women Quarters Program is a four-year program that celebrates the accomplishments and contributions made by women of the United States. It began in 2022 and will continue through 2025.