Your Road Trip: Close to Home adventure guide for Sept. 7
Summer may be winding down but you can still hit up some outdoor adventures. This week, we take some aquatic adventures on Long Island and in Westchester before heading to the Maritime Aquarium in Connecticut - then expect the unexpected at the Paradox Museum at American Dream in New Jersey.
- S. Clinton Ave. | Bay Shore, New York 11706
- It is advised to be at the Bay Shore Marina 30 minutes before start time.
Whether you’ve got two legs or four legs, everyone can stretch their sea legs on Greenwood Lake - and what's a better way to experience the beauty of this region on the water than with Jersey paddle boards?
Get up close with aquatic animals at Norwalk's Maritime Aquarium (Photo: Brian Heyman).
- 10 N. Water St. | Norwalk, Connecticut 06854
- Open from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
A dozen traditional costumes, historical videos and artifacts are displayed for visitors to explore at the Lefferts Historic House.
- Lefferts Historic House | 452 Flatbush Ave. | Brooklyn, New York
- On view through Sunday, Oct. 29. Open hours from 12-5 p.m. Thursday through Sunday.
- American Dream | 1 American Dream Way | East Rutherford, New Jersey 07073
- Open 11a.m. - 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Sunday.
- 20 Melrose Terrace Unit 104 | Long Branch, New Jersey 07740
- Open 12 p.m. - 12 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 12 p.m. - 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday.
- 630 Millbrook Ave. | Randolph, New Jersey 07869
- 510 Driggs Ave. | Brooklyn, New York 11211
- Open 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- 135 W. Jericho Turnpike #6 |Huntington Station, New York 11746
- Open 11:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.