Don’t let your grill brush spoil your Memorial Day barbecue

Firing up the grill this weekend? One Norwalk doctor has a grill cleaning tip that could save you a lot of pain.
Dr. Rob Weiss says he has had to remove wire bristles from patients who accidentally ingested them while barbecuing. The doctor even had one patient with the issue today.
MORE: Guide: 2019 Memorial Day Parades in CT 

Weiss warns the bristles can come off a grill brush and get stuck on the grill. Then the bristles can stick to food and be swallowed. He advises everyone to use wire-free tools to clean your grill.

The doctor says people often don’t realize they’ve swallowed it until they start feeling pain.