6-year-old in ICU after being burned by sparkler in Bridgeport

The family of a 6-year-old Bridgeport boy said today he is in intensive care this evening with severe burns over much of his body after a Fourth of July fireworks accident.

Police say Delvondre Ramroop was playing with a sparkler when his shirt caught fire at around 3 p.m. yesterday afternoon on Vernon Street.

The boy was burned on about 20 percent of his body.

The family says Delvondre is in stable condition, but will have to undergo skin-grafting to treat his burns.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."