School officials: Amity student passed out after consuming pot

School officials say an Amity student passed out last week from consuming a firecracker - two crackers with peanut butter and marijuana sandwiched in the middle.Amity Regional Superintendent Dr. John Brady says one student sold the firecracker to the other and now both are facing drug charges.Brady also said that students' drug involvement at the school is minimal, but that this was the second incident involving marijuana at the school this year.Officials say the students are both facing a series of charges, but Brady says he's not sure what kind of action the district will take.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."