Fairfield man hospitalized after house fire
A Fairfield man was rushed to the hospital Thursday after suffering burns to his face in a house fire.
Four people were in the Berkley Road home when the fire started around 1 a.m. According to firefighters, flames were shooting out of the home when they arrived at the scene.
Firefighters say the man who was burned woke first thanks to his smoke alarm, and then helped get everyone out of the house. No one else was injured.
Firemen say the fire started in a rear bedroom. The burn victim's injuries are said to not be life-threatening.